Davidge (Massive Attack Producer, Halo 4 Composer) Announces Exclusive Soundcloud Global Remix Competition For New Track ‘Sensor’
WIN THE CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR REMIX FEATURED ON THE NEXT DIGITAL AND 7″ GLOBAL RELEASE
DEBUT ALBUM ‘SLO LIGHT’ OUT FEBRUARY 25TH VIA THE END RECORDS
MEDIA ALERT New York, NY (February 4, 2014) – Starting today, acclaimed Massive Attack co-writer/producer and Halo 4 composer Neil Davidge will be offering a unique opportunity to remix the track ‘Sensor’ from his forthcoming album ‘Slo Light’ which will be released on February 25th via The End Records. This is the very first time he has allowed the public complete access to the full audio stems of his work and he and US based remixers ‘Quadrant / Kid Hops & Iris” will be personally choosing the winner whose remix will feature as an additional track on his next digital single and the limited 7” vinyl. The winner be notified via Soundcloud on 24th March or shortly thereafter.
To find details on the full prize breakdown and to enter visit: http://remix.slolight.com/
The rules and legal terms can be found here: http://smarturl.it/DavidgeContestRules
Neil Davidge is a record producer, songwriter, film score composer, musician and occasional backing vocalist. Working in close collaboration with Massive’s Robert Del Naja (3D), he had a key hand in shaping the sound of the band’s third album, 1998’s Q Award-winning ‘Mezzanine’. As with ‘Mezzanine’, Massive Attack’s fourth album ‘100th Window’ was largely piloted by Davidge and Robert Del Naja. ‘Heligoland’ – the fifth studio album by Massive Attack, was co-produced by Davidge and 3D, with additional production by Tim Goldsworthy. Davidge co-wrote 8 tracks (and produced/mixed the airplay hit ‘Paradise Circus’) as well as playing keyboards, bass and guitar.
In 2004 he took the lead as score composer with Del Naja on the Luc Besson movie ‘Danny the Dog’, later renamed ‘Unleashed’ in the USA. This was followed by Davidge’s solo score for the Paul McGuigan directed ‘Push’, plus scores for ‘Bullet Boy’, ‘Battle In Seattle’ and ‘Trouble The Water’, which received an Oscar nomination for its score and won ‘Best Documentary’ at the ‘08 Sundance Film Festival.
Working with Snoop Dogg on the end title track, Neil scored the music for ‘In Prison My Whole Life’. He also provided additional music to the Warner Brothers blockbuster ‘Clash of the Titans’.
2012 saw the release of the Halo 4 OST, which Davidge composed, arranged and produced. The critically-acclaimed soundtrack went on to set the official record as the highest-charting video game soundtrack ever, having reached #50 in the Billboard Chart, #10 in the Independent Album Billboard chart and #3 the National Soundtrack Chart.
Following years of industry respect and renown, ‘Slo Light’ is primed to be the record that brings Davidge to the ears and minds of discerning music lovers, as a figure of talent and vision, who’ll appeal to fans of sound-exploring producer/artists like Brian Eno, Trent Reznor, Moby and William Orbit.
Designed by Stephen Kitchen, the ‘Slo Light’ album inner sleeves features geometric shapes that are individual aesthetic interpretations of each track, and the cover art is a phosphorescent design of a similar nature. The album will be released in the following formats:
• 11 track Digipak
• Itunes exclusive version
• Double coloured heavyweight 12” vinyl with exclusive tracks, special bundle DJ slip mat and poster and further exclusive remixes from Rob Smith (Smith & Mighty), US based Quadrant, Kid Hops and Iris and German-based Michael Mortlock.
‘Slo Light’ full track listing:
1. Slo Light featuring Stephonik Youth
2. Gallant Foxes featuring Cate Le Bon
3. How Was Your Day featuring Karima Francis
4. Home From Home featuring Low Roar
5. They Won’t Know featuring Stephonik Youth
6. That Fever featuring Claire Tchaikowski
7. Riot Pictures featuring Sandie Shaw
8. Zero One Zero featuring Stephonik Youth
9. Sleepwalking featuring Emi Green
10. Anyone Laughing featuring Claire Tchaikowski
11. Hummingbird featuring Patrick Duff (Itunes bonus track)
12. Sensor featuring Jhelisa Anderson (Digipak bonus track)
13. Forty Days In The Wilderness featuring Patrick Duff (12” Vinyl bonus track)
14. Slo Light Davidge vs. Rob Smith Lovas Remix (12” Vinyl bonus track)
15. Sensor Davidge vs. Quadrant, Kid Hops and Iris Remix (12” Vinyl bonus track)
16. Sleepwalking Davidge vs. Michael Mortlock Remix (12” Vinyl bonus track)
“…this impressive and expansive album, one that continues to make him stand out as an influential talent in the music world” – Aesthetica
“Bristol studio guru steps out of the shadows to make an album which doesn’t stray too far from the guest vocalist-plus-moody beats template set by his former collaborators (Massive Attack)” – Q
“Regular Massive Attack collaborator combines lush mood scapes and starry guests. Noir-ish future soul, light touch electronica and plush cinematic sound scapes” – Uncut
“A coherent body of beats and beauty, tension and the most wonderful release” – Clash
“This 11 track album offers some stand-out music and is an outstanding sonic experience with lush depths and pin sharp clarity” – Hi-Fi News