AN AMERICAN TROUBADOUR - Exploratory Compilation Album Of Steve Forbert Songs
BLUE ROSE MUSIC ANNOUNCES AN AMERICAN TROUBADOUR: THE SONGS OF STEVE FORBERT, A COMPILATION ALBUM IN HOMAGE TO THE LEGENDARY AMERICAN POETIC SINGER/SONGWRITER
OUT OCTOBER 6 & AVAILABLE NOW FOR PRE-ODER
“It was very cool for me to be able to re-imagine Steve Forbert’s song ‘I Blinked Once.‘ I was drawn to his great lyrics and ability to take a simple idea and craft it into a memorable song. We gave it a harder edge in the production and turned it into a duet with myself and the legendary Bekka Bramlett, whose energy is a thing to behold.” - John Oates
“My thanks go to Blue Rose Music for putting together this entirely flattering compilation!”
- Steve Forbert
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE New York, NY (August 4, 2017) - Blue Rose Music is pleased to announce the upcoming compilation album An American Troubadour: The Songs Of Steve Forbert, set for release October 6 on digital and CD formats. Featuring 21 tracks by 22 acts, the ambitious project sets out to showcase Steve's career of five decades, and the impact he's had on artists and musicians throughout popular music and culture.
Blue Rose Music's founder Joe Poletto explains: "Some say that Steve is too young to have a 'tribute' record, and I think that's true because Steve has a lot of music left in him. In my mind, this project is not a tribute but rather a recognition of the spirit of the troubadour in all of those artists who follow their life’s path like Steve does- with purpose and passion."
Out today is the recording of Steve Forbert's "Romeo's Tune" by Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers, who bring smoky vocals and dynamic presence to one of Steve's biggest hits - which reached #11 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1980 and is ranked the 60th biggest American hit of 1980 by Music Outfitters. "It was an honor and memorable experience to create our interpretation of such a lovely and timeless song," says Nicki. "Thank you Steve for all your years and dedication to music. It is inspiring. May your songs be heard forever."
An American Troubadour: The Songs Of Steve Forbert
01. Kelly Fitzgerald - Thinkin’
02. John Oates featuring Bekka Bramlett - I Blinked Once
03. Elliott Peck - Goin' Down To Laurel
04. David Luning - Steve Forbert's Midsummer Night's Toast 05. Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers - Romeo's Tune*
06. Jim Lauderdale - What Kinda Guy?
07. Robert Earl Keen - It Isn’t Gonna Be That Way
08. James Maddock - Grand Central Station, March 18, 1977
09. Amy McCarley - Cellophane City
10. John Popper - You Cannot Win (If You Do Not Play)
11. Megan Palmer - Running On Love
12. Jesse Bardwell - The Sweet Love That You Give (Sure Goes A Long, Long Way)
13. Wes Langlois - I’m In Love With You
14. Jackie Greene - If You’re Waiting On Me
15. Eric Lindell - January 23-30, 1978
16. Gwyneth Moreland - Autumn This Year
17. Todd Snider - It Sure Was Better Back Then
18. Bill Lloyd - When The Sun Shines
19. Jason Crosby - Tonight I Feel So Far Away From Home
20. HUGElarge - Rock While I Can Rock
21. Tim Bluhm - Search Your Heart
About Nicki Bluhm:
Nicki Bluhm is a singer, songwriter, and performer from California, who came onto the scene in 2008 with her debut album Toby's Song and the formation of her band The Gramblers. The Gramblers continued to record and put out two albums together. At the completion of Nicki and The Gramblers' 2016 Loved Wild Lost tour, Nicki was asked to join the The Infamous Stringdusters in support of their album Ladies and Gentlemen. That project led to a collaboration with Ryan Adams at Telluride Bluegrass, Newport Folk and on Stephen Colbert’s The Late Show. Nicki has also had the honor of singing with musicians including Warren Haynes and Gov’t Mule, Karl Denson, Boz Scaggs, Anders Osborne, Bonnie Raitt, Phil Lesh, Jackie Greene, and many others. Most recently, Nicki was the voice of Sarah on the tender duet “No Wrong Way Home” in the short animated film Pearl, which was nominated for an Oscar. She continues to record and perform both as a solo artist, as guest vocalist, and with The Gramblers.
About Blue Rose Music:
Blue Rose Music is an artist collective that assists in the business and creative development of select musicians and projects. With extensive marketing and technology resources, Blue Rose enables artists to bridge their traditional audience-building avenues with today’s web, social and digital sharing capabilities. A portion of all revenue is donated to The Blue Rose Foundation, which provides pre-school scholarships to financially disadvantaged children.